The 6th GEF-UNDP-IMO Globallast R&D Forum and Exhibition on Ballast Water Management was held from 16th to 18th March, 2016, in Montreal, Canada. It was combined with the IMO-IMarEST Shipping Industry Forum.
The theme was ‘BWM Convention: Moving Towards Implementation ‘.
It was the last of the series under the IMO-GloBallast, as the Convention was never so close for entry into force.
ERMA FIRST was present, as always at the biggest events, sharing scientific information.
Perspectives of Administrations; ship owners and operators; ship builders and repair yards; test facilities; BWMS developers; R&D community; and the financing community was presented in the Forum.
Topics covered in the Forum are summarized below:
- Treatment technologies and Alternative Methods
- Focus Group on UV treatment systems and related approval processes
- Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement (CME)
- Shipboard Installation, survey & certification: a Class society Perspective
- Policy Perspectives on BWM and Bioinvasions
For more informations please check: https://www.ballast2016.com