Extended service network in strategic points to support large number of installations worldwide. ERMA FIRST has fully trained representatives worldwide and large service stations in key areas like S. Korea and China. Far East is especially covered from ERMA FIRST Shanghai, where Technical Teams with over 60 experienced engineers and technicians are operating in full capacity to attend vessels whenever required.
24/7 SYSTEM SUPPORT AND TROUBLESHOOTING
Extended service network in strategic points to support large number of installations worldwide. ERMA FIRST has fully trained representatives worldwide and large service stations in key areas including South Korea and China. The Far East is covered by ERMA FIRST Shanghai, where our Technical Teams with over 60 experienced engineers and technicians are able to attend vessels whenever required.
ERMA FIRST maintains a 24/7 Help Desk for troubleshooting. In case of malfunction, the steps are as follows:
- Owner of the vessel informs ERMA FIRST by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via ticketing system, a unique ticket number is issued per case
- Our average response time is not more than 24hrs
- Dedicated Technical Service Engineers instruct the vessel’s crew on how to handle each specific case
- If further support is needed, then vessel’s itinerary & engineer availability are assessed
- Average response time to get on board is within 48hrs from the closest Service station
Commissioning Testing Services
IMO Circulars BWM.2/Circ.70 (BWM.2/Circ.70/Rev.1) provide guidance for the commissioning testing of ballast water management systems. The latter is part of the Amendment of the Ballast water Management of the Convention Resolution MEPC.325 (75) Amendments to Regulation E-1 and Appendix I of the International Convention for the Control and Management of Ship’s Ballast Water and Sediments, 2004 which makes Compliance testing as commissioning mandatory for all vessels.
SGS White Paper: COMMISSIONING TESTING OF BALLAST WATER MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
BEMA Guidance for Commissioning: BALLAST WATER COMMISSIONING TESTING
ERMA FIRST compliance testing has more than 95% success rate. On those few cases where results proved BWTS non-compliant, the root cause analysis has identified operator familiarisation issues or installation pitfalls. On all those cases, testing repetition took place two weeks after commissioning and resulted in complete success rate.
The services provided in collaboration with certified laboratories are:
- IMO D-2 sampling and analysis. ERMA FIRST recommends not only treated water sampling and analysis but intake water also. This method gives robust evidence on BWTS proper installation and efficient operation.
- VGP Sampling and Analysis. This can be combined with the Annual Maintenance and Calibration attendance (Read more).
Qualified service engineers will board vessels and collect two samples for the purpose of commissioning testing:
- At the uptake of ballast water
- At the discharge of (treated) ballast water
- EPA VGP analysis Residual Biocides or derivatives of the residual biocide
Maintenance Services & Annual Calibration
ERMA FIRST, as a leading provider of ballast water treatment solutions, has extended its services from the ERMA FIRST BWTS sale and installation to the maintenance of it. As per current IMO (BLG17/4) and USCG requirements for BWTS compliance control, the good shape of the system, crew awareness and good record/ document keeping are the key checking points. As BWTS is a new system on board vessels and its service may require additional knowledge from the crew, ERMA FIRST provides different Maintenance Service Contract packages based on the customer’s actual needs. The deliverable of any of these contracts will result with the issue of a Good Operation Condition & Calibration Certificate. The latter can be used by the vessel’s crew as evidence that the system is well maintained and operates according to its maker standards.
ERMA FIRST, is one of the strongest financially BWTS vendors in the world. Through an extensive network, ERMA FIRST has secured favourable terms for the financing of BWTS retrofit projects. Each case is treated differently, taking into consideration the number of vessels, the contract value and timeline. Financing can be up to 80% of the contract value. Contact ERMA FIRST Sales for a proposal.